Organic Rosemary and Sage Turkey Stuffing
Traditional turkey stuffing is spiced right with organic rosemary and sage.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more to coat baking dish
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch pieces (approximately 14 cups)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1⁄4 tablespoon Simply Organic® Sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Rosemary
- 2 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients to the pot and toss to combine. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Cover and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm.
- If using the raisins, stew them ahead of time in the chicken stock to make them plump and tender.