Organic Delicata Squash and Thyme Biscuits with Rosemary Butter
Give your biscuits a clean twist with delicata squash and organic thyme, rosemary and sage following this simple squash biscuits recipe.
SERVES: 10 biscuits
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 delicata squash, seeds removed, peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Sage
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon whole milk, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, shred squash slices. Add flour, baking powder, thyme and sage. Pulse for 30 seconds, scraping sides of food processor bowl once or twice if needed.
- With the food processor running, add cubed cold butter 1 piece at a time. Pulse for about 30 seconds, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With the food processor running on low speed, slowly add milk. Once ingredients come together to form a ball, stop food processor. Take care not to overwork or over-process the dough!
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface and gently pat it down to form a rectangle, sprinkling a little flour on top if needed. Fold dough over top of itself lengthwise. Cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter, then place on a baking stone.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Whisk until well combined, then brush each biscuit with egg wash.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden on top.
- While the biscuits bake, make the rosemary butter. Using a hand mixer, beat together butter, rosemary, olive oil and honey until smooth and creamy.
- Serve biscuits warm with rosemary butter.