Organic Carrot Ribbon Salad with Middle Eastern Spiced Dressing
A fresh, colorful carrot ribbon salad with creamy feta cheese and crunchy pistachios, tossed in a tangy oil and vinegar dressing featuring cumin, coriander and bright paprika. This Middle Eastern-inspired side dish is a great compliment to fish or chicken, and comes together quickly enough to be a new weeknight standby.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
For the salad:
- 3⁄4 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 8 large carrots, peeled (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more for topping
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, plus more for topping
- Simply Organic® Black Sesame Seeds
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
To toast the nuts:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On a small, rimmed baking sheet, spread pistachios evenly and toast for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, sherry vinegar, lemon juice, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt, and set aside.
To make the salad:
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave carrots into thin ribbons.
- In a large salad bowl, combine carrot ribbons, toasted pistachios and parsley, and toss with dressing.
- Gently fold in feta.
- Serve salad in small bowls, topped with additional chopped parsley, feta and black sesame seeds. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 days.