Organic Spicy Tuna Pasta with Oregano and Crushed Red Pepper
recipe by feedfeed
Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper, Oregano and Italian Seasoning are used to create a spicy & herbaceous pasta dish studded with oil-packed tuna, sun-dried tomatoes, capers and lemon, so it’s full in flavor but takes no time at all. Plus, using a high-end oil-packed tuna is a great way to serve fish without having to worry about having access to fresh catch!
MAKES: 4-6 servings
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 pound pasta of choice (we used a rustic linguine)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup panko
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Simply Organic® Italian Seasoning
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, optional
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Oregano
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 (5 ounce) jars oil-packed tuna, drained and broken up with a fork
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano, for serving
- Optional garnish: green olives, baby arugula, peppadew peppers
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling add the pasta and cook to al dente. Drain and reserve 1⁄2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add panko and Italian seasoning. Cook until the panko turns golden brown. Place panko in a small bowl and set aside.
- Wipe out skillet and add remaining olive oil. Heat to a shimmer over medium heat. Add garlic, anchovies (if using), red pepper flakes and oregano and cook until anchovies start to melt and the garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Lower the heat and add the capers, sun-dried tomatoes and white wine. Cook until reduced by half, then add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Off the heat, add the tuna, lemon juice and zest and a bit of the reserved pasta water (just enough to form a sauce). Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed with salt and pepper.
- Serve the pasta topped with toasted panko, chopped parsley and freshly grated Pecorino Romano.