Organic Smoked Paprika Roasted Chicken
Smoked paprika brings smoky heat and robust flavor to organic roasted chicken and vegetables.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
For the Smoked Paprika Chicken:
- 1 3-to-3 1⁄2-pound whole chicken, giblets removed
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 onion, halved
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 4 red potatoes, chopped
- 10 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 4 carrots, chopped (if the carrots have tops, reserve the tops to garnish the platter)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
To make the chicken:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the butter and spices to form a buttery paste.
- Cover the chicken in the paste, rubbing some between the skin and breasts.
- Place the onion halves inside the chicken cavity. Cover the chicken with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Bake the chicken for another 25 minutes, then remove the foil. Bake for an additional 25 minutes, until the juices run clear and the leg easily separates from the chicken, or a thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the meat.
- Allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
To make the vegetables:
- While the chicken bakes, prepare the vegetables.
- On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes, Brussels sprouts, carrots and bell pepper in olive oil and spread them apart.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Add the chickpeas to the baking sheet and gently fold into the vegetables. Continue baking for another 15 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.