Organic Holiday Citrus Punch
Refresh your gatherings this season with an elegant, wine-laced holiday citrus punch. Featuring a spiced simple syrup, citrus and pomegranate juices, rosé wine and cinnamon sticks, this drink has all the trimmings to make your holiday party shine.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
For the Cinnamon-Infused Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cane sugar
- 5 Simply Organic® Cinnamon Sticks
- 5 Simply Organic® Whole Cloves (optional, highly recommended)
For the Fruit and Rosé Punch:
- 2 cups orange juice, chilled
- 1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups (16-ounce bottle) pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 bottle (750 ml) rosé wine, chilled
For the Garnish:
- Orange slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Simply Organic® Cinnamon Sticks
- Rosemary Sprigs (optional)
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, add water, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Warm over medium heat, stirring, until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to fully cool as the spices infuse the syrup (about 20-25 minutes). Remove cloves, leaving cinnamon sticks in syrup.
To Make the Punch:
- In a punch bowl, combine simple syrup, juices and wine, stirring to blend.
- Add orange slices and sprinkle pomegranate seeds carefully on top of the slices.
- To serve, place cubed ice and a cinnamon stick in each glass. Ladle punch into individual glasses. For a festive look, add a rosemary sprig to each glass.
- Freeze orange slices and a few pomegranate seeds in water to make pomegranate ice cubes.
- The punch made be prepared a day in advance.