Organic Cranberry Orange Gin Fizz
Reimagined for the holidays, this cranberry orange gin fizz is an updated version of the old classic cocktail. Simple syrup infused with orange, ginger and cardamom is shaken with tangy cranberry juice and sparkling water, with aquafaba standing in for the traditional egg white for silkened frothiness.
MAKES: 1 gin fizz (simple syrup makes enough for multiple drinks)
Use organic ingredients where possible.
For the Orange-Infused Simple Syrup:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger Root
For the Cranberry-Orange Gin Fizz:
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce orange-infused simple syrup
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1⁄2 ounce aquafaba (liquid from canned neutral-tasting beans, such as garbanzo beans)
- 3 ounces sparkling water or club soda
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- In a small saucepan, add sugar, water orange, cardamom and ginger. Warm over medium-high heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to fully cool as spices infuse syrup, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Strain liquid into a glass jar. Cover tightly with lid to store.
To Make the Gin Fizz:
- In a cocktail shaker, combine gin, simple syrup, cranberry juice and aquafaba, and shake for 15 seconds. Add 5 ice cubes and shake for another 10 seconds.
- Strain into a tall glass and top off with soda water.
- Freeze leftover aquafaba in ice cube trays, pre-measured to 1⁄2 ounce each.