Organic Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Baked Sweet Potato Chips
The classic shrimp cocktail gets a twist with a spicy, fresh Mexican pico de gallo and baked homemade sweet potato chips.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, chipped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons Frontier® Sea Salt, divided
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 12 shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 5⁄8 teaspoons Simply Organic® Chipotle Powder, divided
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into 1⁄8-inch chips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use (for up to 3 days).
- To make the sweet potato chips, preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, toss sweet potato slices in olive oil until well coated, then scatter in 1 layer on 2 large parchment-lined baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, garlic, powder and 1⁄8 teaspoon chipotle powder. Whisk until well combined, then sprinkle over chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip chips over and rotate the pans so the chips cook evenly. Bake for 18 to 22 more minutes, watching them carefully, until dry, golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To salt the rims of the serving goblets or tumblers, combine remaining 2 tablespoons salt and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon chipotle powder on a small plate. Wet rims of goblets or tumblers, then dip each into chipotle salt.
- Serve pico de gallo mixture in goblets or tumblers topped with sliced avocado, shrimp and sweet potato chips.