Organic Curried Butternut Squash Soup Shooters
Butternut squash soup turns shooter in this recipe featuring organic squash and curry powder.
SERVES: 7 cups
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 celery stalks, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 3-pound butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Curry Powder
- 5 cups vegetable broth (or a water and broth combo, if desired)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- cooked chickpeas
- Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- In a large stock pot, over medium heat, melt the butter or heat the oil. Add the onion and celery. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent and the vegetables “sweat.”
- Stirring frequently, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the butternut squash, salt and curry powder. Stir.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Then reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the butternut cubes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Into the soup, stir coconut milk, then remove the soup from the heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in shot glasses with a garnish of cilantro, chickpeas and red pepper flakes.
- For a stronger curry flavor, add additional Simply Organic® Curry Powder.
- For a crispy garnish, roast chickpeas in the oven.