Organic Ginger Pear and Pomegranate Mimosa
The traditional brunch mimosa gets a refreshing makeover with organic ginger, pear and pomegranate.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
Poached Ginger Pears:
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Ginger
- 1 Simply Organic® Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 pears, quartered
- 8 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 bottle champagne or dry sparking white wine
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
For the pears:
- In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil. Reduce to a lively simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, until soft.
- Once soft, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Remove the pears from the “syrup.”
For the mimosa:
- At the bottom of a glass, place 1 to 2 pears and the pomegranate seeds.
- Fill half the glass with champagne or wine and the remaining half with pomegranate juice.
- Garnish with any additional toppings from the choices above.
- To set up a mimosa bar, consider using fresh fruits like raspberries, halved cranberries and clementine slices to use in place of the pomegranate seeds. Consider using juices like cranberry, apple, orange and mango to use in place of the pomegranate juice. 1 bottle of champagne and 3 cups of juice will serve 8 people.