Organic Toasted Almond Tiramisu Truffles
These tiramisu-inspired spiked truffles feature spiced rum and organic almond extract.
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 11-ounce package white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, salted or unsalted
- 2 tablespoons spiced dark rum
- 2 tablespoons coffee, brewed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Almond Extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the chocolate, butter and cheese.
- Stirring frequently, heat until mixture is melted, smooth and silky in appearance.
- Add the rum, almond extract and coffee, stirring until fully combined.
- Into a greased 9x9 baking dish, pour the chocolate mixture. Place pan in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, or overnight, until the chocolate is solid and feels like taffy.
- Before removing the chocolate, in a food processor, spice grinder or with a knife, finely chop almonds. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove chocolate from the refrigerator. Working quickly to avoid softening the truffles, and using an ice cream scoop, spoon about 2 tablespoons chocolate from the pan at a time. Quickly roll each scoop into a ball, roll in almonds and place in a mini cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle the truffles with cocoa powder.
- Place the truffles in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes, until firm. Then move to refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Dust with extra cocoa powder and chopped almonds just before serving, if desired.
- Substitute spiced dark rum for plain dark rum, if desired.