Spicy Cauliflower Bites with Asian Sweet Chili Sauce
Ginger, clove and cayenne really kick up sweet chili sauce in this easy, luscious cauliflower bites recipe with an Asian flair.
MAKES: 4 servings
Use organic ingredients where possible.
- 1⁄2 cup tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cayenne
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca starch (or white flour)
- In a medium saucepan, combine tamari, rice vinegar, red wine vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, honey, sweet chili sauce, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cayenne.
- Bring to a simmer on medium-low heat, stirring well. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower florets and tapioca starch, tossing to coat.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower and toss again.
- Transfer to baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until brown and sticky. (Bake more or less if needed to reach desired firmness.)